Monday, September 1, 2008

2008 Fall Hunting Season

It's finally my favorite time of year - “ hunting season! The season has been going well so far. I guided 3 Nevada antelope hunters last month and they all got their antelope within an hour of opening morning. Everyone was happy with their animal. Right now I'm guiding the California north coast elk hunts. My first client took a nice 6 x 6 bull on the Del Norte hunt. I start guiding for the Northwestern hunt tomorrow. I have access to some great private property and have seen some really nice bulls.

I'll be home the middle of September for a week or so before going out to Nevada to do some more scouting for deer season. While I'm home, I hope to get my 11-month-old yellow lab puppy on some quail. My older lab is now 7 years old, so I got a puppy to take over when my older dog retires. So far the puppy looks to be a great bird dog. She is a pointing lab so I've been learning a lot about pointing dogs. Both dogs will be raring to go come chukar season in Nevada. Chukar season starts in October, so if you're interested in booking a 3 day Nevada chukar hunt, let me know. My Nevada deer hunts start October 4 and run through November 5, but I still have room for some chukar hunters.

In November I'll be doing both elk hunts and chukar hunts in Nevada and plan on being home by Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a great hunting season!

3 comments:

  1. eleazar labradors...

    There are two general types of Mollies to choose from the Sail fin and the short finned. Most typically what you will find a short finned Mollies– the Black Molly and the gold dust Molly at your pet store. This Sail fins are much larger than have a s...

    ReplyDelete
  2. labrador puppies for sale NSW AUstralia...

    I’ ll be home the middle of September for a week or so before going out to Nevada to do some more scouting for deer season. While I’ m home, I hope to get my 11- month- old yellow lab puppy on some quail. My older lab is now 7 years old, so I got a...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... [Trackback] ...

    [...] Read More here: gandjoutdoors.com/blog/?p=7 [...] ...

    ReplyDelete